PRECISELY CRAFTED FOR ULTIMATE SHOT-MAKING
The TaylorMade P730 Irons were designed to build off the company’s storied heritage of major championship winning blade irons, especially with the ’11 & ’14 Tour Preferred MB. The design team’s primary objective was to retain the features that were iconic to the Tour Preferred MB '14 – notably sole camber, offset flow, sole radius and hosel length – while at the same time improving its performance in two subtle ways; shaping and mass properties.
The shaping improvements evolved from previous MB with direct feedback from Justin Rose, Dustin Johnson and other PGA TOUR players over the past several years. The overall blade profile is slightly smaller with cleaner and crisper lines, particularly in the 7-8-9 iron transition. The leading edge profile was also tweaked to improve turf interaction across the set. Our Tour players are already noticing the improved look at address, commenting on the improved shaping across every iron in the set.
In terms of the mass properties, the goal was to slightly raise the inertia (MOI) in the vertical direction (IXX) without increasing it in the horizontal direction (IZZ). This is important in order to improve on forgiveness on shots struck slightly high or low on the blade while maintaining the level of workability and shot shaping ability that our top professionals require. This was achieved by reducing the overall blade length and creating a milled channel in the back of the blade, which moves some mass away from the center of the blade.
TOUR INSPIRED SHAPING
- Shaping improvements evolved from previous TPMB designs with direct feedback from our best tour staff
- Overall blade profile is slightly smaller with cleaner and crisper lines
- The leading edge has been modified to improve turf interaction across the set
FINE TUNED PERFORMANCE
- Horizontally-milled channel separates mass on the vertical axis for increased inertia and trajectory control
BEST-IN-CLASS MATERIALS & CRAFTSMANSHIP
- Forged 1025 Carbon Steel, Precision Milled Face & Grooves
- A new multi-step forging process using a 2000-ton press ensures perfect head shaping with minimal hand polishing, resulting in a pure players iron with soft, solid feel
- Shaft: Steel True Temper Dynamic Gold (S300)
- Grip: Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 0.580 52g Gray/Black